I am not one for self motivation or discipline. It has just never really been my thing. I like to do things with people. I like people to do things with me. Isn't life more fun that way. I know that is how I usually seem to function more effectively. If I have someone cleaning with me, I am more likely to keep on task. If I know someone else is doing the same thing I am doing, then I am more prone to have a little more motivation to do things better and faster. Maybe its healthy competition, maybe its prideful "have to be best" mentality, maybe its many hands make light work...who knows, but what I do know is that I usually appreciate someone holding my hand to make things happen. When I moved to New York someone was right there with me helping me make decisions, save money, be prayerful. Same thing for Dubai. I mean obviously there is a streak of independence in me or I would probably still be living at home, but sometimes I feel like I am one of those codependent people. Latch on and not let go until I am forced out in to the deep waters.
Well I would say that in the last couple of weeks (trying not to be proud of this as to fall off the horse tomorrow) I have been genuinely self motivated out of a heart to seek and honor someone bigger than myself. I have been waking up early to seek Him, and work out too, and be ready for my day. Obviously with my schedule these days it is much more flexible and feasible since I don't have to be ready until 9:30, and even then I can drink coffee and such after that point. So I am not waking up before daylight or anything, but it is still nice to not be lounging in bed til 9am to be sort of pulling myself together to play with kids or clean some house.
Plus it is so amazing how when a few small things in life really make the world of difference in attitude and energy. I am on the up swing right now, and it is nice to be here. It has been too long since I have felt on top of things, and with the right motivation of heart. It is the h.lySp!rit for sure working with in me. Hello I am thankful.
In other news, Petunia still has no buds, and I have been giving her plant food. :( This saddens me.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love you, friend. and I'm so proud! :)
Post a Comment