Well, I haven't written in so long, because I have been living in denial. People here in Dubai probably can see it plainly that I have a problem, but people have been gracious enough to let me work through things and wait til I am ready to let go and admit the issue at hand. So I come today to confess that indeed I have a problem. I do. Before I just jump right in and say it out loud give me a moment to explain myself.
Have you ever wished that you could be like Charlie Brown. Always know what you were going to where the next day. Don't even have to think about it. People say, "Hey Charlie, what you gonna wear to the party?" Charlie Brown says, "Eh, I'm Charlie Brown, you know I'll be there in my yellow shirt with the black zig zags on it."
Well a while ago I decided that if I were going to be a cartoon character my uniform would be a white v-neck tshirt and jeans. At the time I wore a few white tee shirts every now and then. I had other shirts I wore as well. Black, red, pink polka dots, etc... Well now this is where the problem is, for some reason all those other shirts have disappeared, and I now only own one colored shirt. And I don't even know what color it is. Part of me thinks its orange, another part says its red. It isn't salmon. Maybe it is melon. I am not really sure. It isn't pink. I guess it is something between red and orange, but lighter than both of those deep colors. Anyway.
I own thirteen white shirts. I wear them everyday. Except that one special day every once and a while when I wear my shirt that has color on it. This is isn't a joke. This is a serious problem. I am literally in a fashion rut over here. I don't know what to do with myself. Everyday I wake up and I don't even think about what I am going to wear. I wear the same thing over and over again. They get dirty, they get washed, they get stained, they get cleaned. It is cyclical and it is disconcerting. I am admitting I have a problem. But I don't know that I am ready to change.
4 comments:
It kinda reminds me of the Seinfield episode I watched last night. This girl Jerry is dating keeps wearing the same thing and he is trying to figure out if she has a closet full of the same thing of if she is wearing the same thing over and over.
I don't think it's a problem. In many parts of the world people will wear the exact same outfit for a week. You are changing shirts, so that's good for hygiene's sake. You don't have to think about what to wear, so it actually sounds kinda nice.
Spain will kick that out of you! Love you!
You make me laugh, Sally. You're super cute in your "uniform." Truly. It takes a certain person to pull that outfit off. I actually don't ever wear that outfit b/c I think its gutsy to. Yeah, I'm weird. I wear black Levi's every day. Every single day. Own four pairs, and not many tops, so I look the same A LOT. It's just one less thing to worry about, right?
I agree with Jennifer. It's not a problem. (Said by someone who adopted the same uniform without knowing you had it too.)
Further, I essentially got the idea from Michael Kors, and no one is saying he has a problem or has no fashion sense.
Maybe you have a problem accepting your awesomeness, but not with your wardrobe.
Post a Comment