Meet Nikki Foster
she is my dear friend who I lived with in Denton in 04-05 school year. Then at the end of that summer back in 2005 she moved to Lubbock TX. Now we are back together again in NYC. It is her crazy idea and dream that got me to even think about coming here. She and I prayed many nights over the phone asking the Lord to lead us individually where He wanted us, in hopes that He would direct us here. So pretty much I am able to blame most of this all on her. :) We will be sharing an ENOURMOUS room.Meet Dana Tanamachi
well she is an artist. She is a graphic designer, and I have known her for a few years in Denton, but I am excited about getting to know her better and be challenged by her, because I always hear amazing things about her. Now I get to really know her!Meet Kelsey Foster
She is a photographer here in NYC. She lives in the apartment building next door. It is really fun to have these girls right next door. Especially since our apartment is not fully furnished with the amenities these girls came with. I also know Kelsey from Denton from friends of friends of friends and denton bible.Meet Amanda Simkins
Who knew an old time Reinhardt connection would pop back into my life and be living next door. Amanda moved here with Kelsey about 2 months ago and we have had fun talking about people we know and how things are with our families and intertwined friends. Another familiar face that makes all this so much easier.So now you know my roommates and neighbors who I am sure I will be talking alot about since we spend all of our time together, thus far at least. So now I can give you a little more info on what has been going on.
Well all my travels were simple and straight forward. Amanda met Nikki and me and we lugged our large bags into their apt and then walked next door to sign the lease. Right as we walked out the door our building manager Simon was there to meet us. We looked at the apt and it was all that we imagined it to be. It is simply amazing. It is huge and clean and has a new kitchen and new bathroom, wood floors, and big windows, and there is plenty of room for all of you to come stay. So we signed on the dotted line. I will admit this was rather unnerving. I didn't really have alot to say, because getting here and taking it all in was overwhelming enough not to mention the fact that as soon as i stepped foot into brooklyn I was committing to stay for an entire year. WOW. I still don't know how this is going to work, but I guess if I knew there would be no point in being here. So we did that, then we went to eat in Chelsea with some friends who were in town.
Then Day ONE: I had an interview and i spilled coffee on my freshly dry cleaned shirt right before i got there. I hope this is not surprising to any of you. As soon as it happened I was thankful for the shirt I had planned on wearing with a sweater so i just ended up buttoning the top button and all was well. Then everything with the interview was great, and they are looking for a position for me to be a "nanny" for a family with kids no younger than 7. Then Nikki and I went to Target and bought some necessities so we could somewhat function in our humble abode. We came home and sat down for a few minutes then ventured out with Amanda to IKEA to buy some blinds for our apt. Oh IKEA. Over all a good day. I would say we spent most of our time in transit.
Day TWO: We slept in. We didn't go out til about 3pm. Then we went across the street and got library cards so we can use the internet! Yeah. Then we rode the bus to Home Depot. Now we are here doing not much of anything. It is nice.
So that is the breakdown thus far.
No comments:
Post a Comment