accident proned. My only choice at this point in life is to laugh and share my embarrassment with hopefully those who might love me anyway.
My first major accident occured the summer after 6th or 7th grade. I got one of my two front teeth knocked completely out by a softball. I sprained my ankle by tripping on a curb during a younglife scavenger hunt. (with all the popular girls of course) I chipped my other front tooth a couple years later by tripping on my pants running to catch the phone. Impressive stories I know. I fell in the hallway in highschool trying not to be tardy to math. I fell down stairs in the art building at UNT. I popped right back up and then proceeded to faint and fall head first into a plant on the advisors desk. On the second day of living in the villa in Dubai, I fell up the marble stairs and broke a brand new coffee mug. That's just to name a few of my incidents. Many more stories involve ice, cars, and falling. They're all relatively the same.
Well as you can imagine why I might be bringing this all up to you, today I added a story to my list of mishaps. I have never been so graceful and I have never been too coordinated. I don't dance. I don't play sports. Working out has never been something that I enjoyed. However I am forcing myself to work out. And as I have mentioned have even been running a bit. I have always been leery of the treadmill...and lets just say for good reason. All I can say is- I got distracted, lost my footing, and the next thing I knew I was hanging on for dear life as my body went flat and went straight off the conveyor belt of bad luck. But just like most of my other clumsy moments I confirmed my state of being OK to the many people standing by and got back on the damn thing. Sorry.
I have this voice in my head lately that keeps saying "If at first you don't succeed- Try Try Again" Welp. This is my life.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh this is a great story. love that you shared it :)
laughing out loud... only wish I could have been there to see it with my own eyes... I LOVE YOU!!
Post a Comment