Monday, June 13, 2011

just a little something

I don't want to make anyone jealous. I just want to share my experiences. I wish you all could have taken in the ambience as I ran on the track last night at 930. Here on Camp Walker we are surrounded by mountains. Jake and Gini's house is at the top of one of the big hills, and down at the bottom is a flat valley with a golf course and nice track/stadium. I went down there reluctantly last night because it was so late, and I had lost my motivation. But once I got there and realized how cool it was, and that there was a nice breeze, and the fact that I was sandwiched between views of the big city and the fog hidden mountains- it was well worth it. I might just do it again tonight.


The first few days I was here it was pretty hot just like Texas except more humidity. Now the temperatures have dropped a bit and it is a bit overcast so the sun isn't so intense. But more importantly, the tan I was working on is fading way too fast.

1 comment:

Melinda Dumas said...

Won't believe it till I see it! (pictures of the mountain) ha

P.S. - It's hard to get a tan at night.