Wednesday, February 18, 2009

book suggestions

novels specifically.
please post or email me with your novel suggestions. some books i have read and enjoyed in the past are:
"the year of magical thinking" joan didion
"the glass castle" jeanette walls
"the kite runner" Khaled Hosseini
"the hiding place" corrie ten boom
"redeeming love" francine rivers

i have never been much of a reader. i am only 1/5 of the way through "a tree grows in brooklyn" i had high hopes for that book, and i just cant get into it.

so do you know of a book that will catch my attention? please respond to help me as i embark upon my new life as a commuting reader.

thanks.

5 comments:

Graham at Chadwell Chronicles said...

Well, I read Ender's Game a while back. That was good. A little sci-fi but doesn't focus too much on it, I liked it alright.

Harry Potter is good too-- super easy to get into and not a hard read at all.

I'd do better if you didn't ask for novels. :) Good luck!

jennifirmin said...

Cash by Johnny Cash. I don't know if it would be considered a novel or a biography but it's good either way.

r.s. said...

i got a book from the dpl the other day called Julie and Julia...about a lady who cooks through "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" I like it so far :)

The Portland Patterson said...

its not a novel by Crazy Love by Francis Chan is pretty rockin:)

Kat said...

Hmmm.... Omit my facebook response on The Glass Castle... but if you like this sort of book, I think you will love Truth and Beauty, Autobiography of a Face (although this one is pretty dark), or Manic (pretty awesome.... this chic's memoir about her struggle with Manic Depression)

You're welcome...

I also want to take this time to apologize that I just found out you had a blog. I tend to live 99% of my life inside my own head.